The mission of the Structural Engineer is delivering documents that will allow our cliends the insight to build safe, cost-efficient structures and to offer creative solutions to any challenges that may rise along the way. The Structural Engineer reports directly to the Project Manager.
This is a Full-Time, Exempt Position with Paid Overtime.
- Coordinate with the Architect and other design professionals in the production of SMBH construction documents and be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of those documents
- Provide clear design information to CAD Specialists and Modelers
- Be responsive to the needs of clients and other SMBH team members by communicating with them clearly and in a timely manner
- Take care of the SMBH brand and reputation
- Act in alignment with the SMBH Core Values
- Report to Project Managers and keep them informed & updated regarding project developments, especially those affecting scope, project budget and/or schedule
- Analyze and design steel, concrete, masonry, wood and cold-formed metal framing structures and components
- Understand and accurately use structural engineering and construction terminology
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in structural engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience creating structural designs relevant to desired position
- Registered Professional Engineer “PE” recognized by a state licensing board
- Strong background in statics of structures
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities
- Proficient in design software: RAM Structural Systems, Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task
We offer a competitive salary and a full benefits program. Salary is based on experience and our benefits program includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401k, including a company match
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Financial Assitance in Obtaining Licensure and Continuing Education
Candidates only. Recruiters, please no phone calls about this job.
SMBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.