The mission of the Structural Engineer is to deliver the documents that will allow our clients the insight to build safe, affordable structures and to meet challenges with creative solutions.
This is a Full-Time, Exempt Position with Paid Overtime.
- Analyze and design steel, concrete, masonry, wood and cold-formed metal framing structures and components
- Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
- Assists in the structural system selection
- Builds relationships with external partners in the production of SMBH construction documents for standard and complex projects, responsible for the accuracy and completeness of documents
- Determines code requirements
- Keeps PM and Group informed and updated regarding project developments, especially those affecting scope, project budget and schedule
- Understands SMBH contract and proposals as they relate to scope
- Independently performs site visits to evaluate existing conditions and provide construction observation
- May act as a Brand Manager
- Takes initiative for process improvements
- Regularly attends project meetings as sole SMBH rep
- Responsive to the needs of clients and other SMBH team members via effective communications
- Occasional presence on construction sites
- Occasional travel
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in structural engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience creating structural designs focused on buildings
- Registered Professional Engineer “PE” recognized by a state licensing board
- Mastery with the statics of structures
- Advanced in design software: RAM Structural Systems, Revit and AutoCAD
- Member of a professional practice organization and attends local events with a leadership role preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. Reaching, stooping, and kneeling may also be required to install computer equipment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Comfortable on a ladder or lift in a construction site environment
- Construction site safety requirements must be followed as dictated by the site
Candidates only. Recruiters, please no phone calls or emails about this job.
SMBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.