The mission of the Operations Manager is to be a collaborative partner with operations and business management to analyze and improve organizational processes.
This is a Full-Time, Salaried Position.
- Oversees the scheduling and workload of engineering and BIM operations
- Manages backlog workload and forecasting
- Provides input on capacity
- Assigns projects to project teams based on workload and experience level
- Determines if staffing is in balance with the workload
- Works with Business Development, Directors, and Finance to determine what projects we should accept based on profitability, company fit, and bandwidth
- Administers projects to Vision from opportunity to completion
- Helps ensure staff has appropriate exposure to a variety of projects to facilitate career development
- Ensures developmental opportunities for engineering staff through work assignments
- Works in collaboration with finance, marketing, and human resources
- Assumes responsibility for administrative tasks that will free up engineers to focus on production and the managers to focus on their staff/project needs
- Responsive to the needs of clients and other SMBH team members via effective communications
- Acts in alignment with SMBH Core Values
- Occasional presence on construction sites
- This job has the possibility of working remotely
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- PMP or project planning certification preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing projects
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing a team; able to lead and support multiple people on multiple projects
- Familiarity with Deltek Vision software planning module or other project management software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment; attention to detail; flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Comfortable on a ladder or lift in a construction site environment
- Construction site safety requirements must be followed as dictated by the site
Candidates only. Recruiters, please no phone calls or emails about this job.
SMBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.