The mission of the Senior Project Engineer is to deliver the documents that will allow our clients the insight to build safe, affordable structures and to offer creative solutions. Provides quality control and technical support for other projects and engineers as needed.
This is a Full or Part-Time, Salaried Position.
- Analyzes and designs steel, concrete, masonry, wood, and cold-formed metal framing structures and components
- Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions
- Structural system selection
- Builds relationships with external partners in the production of SMBH construction documents for complex and unique projects, responsible for the accuracy and completeness of documents
- Determines code requirements
- Supports SMBH QA/QC through independent drawing reviews and other methods as needed
- Provides technical assistance, development, and leadership for other engineers where appropriate
- Reports to Project Managers and keep them informed & updated regarding project developments, especially those affecting scope, project budget, and/or schedule
- Understands SMBH contract and proposals as they relate to the scope
- Independently performs site visits to evaluate existing conditions and provide construction observation. Can provide solutions to problems without assistance
- May serve as Engineer of Record for managed projects
- Responsive to the needs of clients and other SMBH team members via effective communications
- Acts in alignment with the SMBH Core Values
- Occasional presence on construction sites
- This job can work in office, hybrid, or remotely in the USA
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in structural engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years of experience creating structural designs, specifically buildings
- Registered Professional Engineer “PE” recognized by a state licensing board
- Two years of experience in a leadership role providing technical guidance, mentorship, and development to less experienced engineers
- Mastery with the statics of structures
- Mastery of SMBH contract and proposal scope
- Member of a professional practice organization and attends local events
- Advanced in design software: RAM Structural Systems, Revit, and AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment; attention to detail; flexible and easily adapts to changing priorities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Comfortable on a ladder or lift in a construction site environment
- Construction site safety requirements must be followed as dictated by the site
Candidates only. Recruiters, please no phone calls or emails about this job.
SMBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.