The mission of the Project Manager is to provide leadership and planning to our groups and project teams, ensuring that our deliverables are produced profitably and with the required level of quality. The Project Manager reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
This is an Exempt Position with Paid Overtime.
- Prepare initial proposal/work with Director or Principal to prepare proposal
- Ensure that the standard project procedure to support SMBH Quality is followed
- Plan the project with respect to resources, milestone dates, and project budget
- Identify scope changes and provide any appropriate guidance/mentorship throughout the course of the project
- Monitor financial health of the project and communicate financial issues with team members when appropriate
- Review and provide direction on monthly project invoices to our clients and from our consultants
- May serve as Engineer of Record for managed projects
- Provide general leadership and oversight to other members of the Project Manager's group
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural, Civil, or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in structural engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Minimum of 8 years experience creating structural designs
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing smaller scale projects under the supervision of an experienced Project Manager
- Expert level in the complete design of industrial buildings
- Registered Professional Engineer "PE" recognized by a state licensing board
- Strong technical background in structural engineering
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to lead and support multiple people on multiple projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with Deltek Vision software, especially the planning module
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. Reaching, stooping, and kneeling may also be required to install computer equipment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
Candidates only. Recruiters, please no phone calls or emails about this job.
SMBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.